So… here were my targets for week 2 of Janathon, from my last Janathon post;
- Don’t finish a single day under 10,000 steps.
- Run at least 13.1 miles over the week.
- Do at least 15 minutes of bodyweight type exercise.
- Stay off the fags.
And here is what I actually achieved;
- 6/14 days over 10,000 steps, at an average of 10527 steps a day, so technically a win!
- 6.6 miles run, plus some swimming, so miles short there. FAIL.
- Does cooking count? FAIL
- 3 cigarettes, and I’ve started vaping, so a technical win, as I’m down by about 70 on my usual smoking.
As is the case for most humans with New Year’s resolutions, I appear to have failed on all four, with some wins on technicalities. In my defense, I was struck down by a nasty bug this week, which justifies three days of failure, but I’m still a fair way off being a Janathon hero. Regardless, I have made steps towards a healthier me in 2015.
I’ve joined my local leisure centre, and purchased a copy of Men’s Fitness in the vain hope I can work out what the hell you’re meant to do in a gym.
I’ve remembered how much I enjoy swimming, although it’s been so long since I’ve done a front crawl, I can’t remember how to breathe.
For the sake of record, here’s what I done…
January 9th- 4 mile run
January 12th- 2.5 mile run
January 15th- 30 minutes swimming
January 17th- 40 minutes swimming
January 18th- 15 minutes on a rowing machine
January 19th-21st- Competitive sweating and aching
I’m not letting it get me down. This is the most healthy I’ve been behaving since August, and I’m hoping I’m forming good habits for the rest of the year. So thanks Janathon, and let’s see how the rest of the month goes.